Friday, February 25, 2011

8 to 80

My father passed away when I was 5 years old and my mother did not remarry, even though she was a beautiful young woman in her early 30's … but that's another story. The point is, my first male role model as a preteen, aside from my older brother, was a larger-than-life used car salesman. He looked like a movie star and exuded the confidence of a royal family member. All the neighborhood girls swooned in his presence, and all the guys wanted to emulate his every move.
My brother and I were privileged to have after-school and summer jobs working for him at his home and car lot. Working at the lot was particularly interesting because we could observe him in action practicing his trade.
He would often taunt his salespeople by saying, "Give me a customer and I’ll sell ‘em! Any customer, 8 to 80, crippled, blind or crazy and I‘ll still sell ‘em! “ He was good at selling cars and motivating others to sell for him. He soon became a very successful new car dealership owner who provided a very comfortable living for himself and his family.
The over-arching message of this posting is not how politically incorrect his statements were in the '50s, but that business needs customers to be successful… and that's what we do at American Antiquities… we bring you customers. The print media side of our business is tried and tested and obvious in its unparalleled offerings. The electronics side of our operation is easy to quantify.

2010 numbers are follows:
42,505 unique visitors to our websites
19,797 revisits
175,831 pages viewed
812,332 hits
ALL OF WHICH WILL BRING YOU CUSTOMERS TO BUY YOUR INVENTORY

No comments:

Post a Comment